One and a half weeks out from Shawn’s cataract surgery to repair one eye. (Read my post from July 11th to find out all the crazy details and WHY he needed this surgery at 33 years old!) That means that there is one and a half weeks out until the surgery to correct the other eye. YIPPY!
Right now, Shawn is seeing great! It’s a new world for him! His vision is great and everything is very clear. Thankfully, he is able to drive again.
Another BIG celebration is that Shawn has been off of prednisone since June 30th! He is able to 100% control his eczema with food. He is also off the endless popping of Benedryl for allergies. Another YIPPY! Shawn has realized that food is his friend, as long as it is the RIGHT food. He is taking in huge doses of vitamins through whole foods (fruits and veggies) and also taking supplements.
Here is a sample of what Shawn eats during the day:
- Breakfast: Smoothie (vegan protein powder, spinach, blueberries, chia seeds, and almond milk, 1/2 cucumber, pineapple)
- Morning Snack: Lentils with rice (leftovers from last nights dinner), with carrots and hummus
- Lunch: Smoothie (Juice Plus Protein powder, spinach or arugala, raspberries, pineapple, flaxseed, celery, and almond milk)
- Dinner: Potato and Kale Bubble and Squeak (a British dish of kale and potatoes), sliced apples, and a carrot cake cupcake
- Snack: 2 whole eggs/2 egg whites, spinach salad with natural honey mustard dressing
Very simple man-meals full of TONS of veggies and fruit! It’s simple enough that he can just throw his smoothies together in the blender and drink them while he works.
His supplements and vitamins that he takes are: Turmeric, Ginger, Garlic, Fish oil, and Juice Plus vitamins