(adapted from Natural Home and Garden recipe)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use Real Salt)
- 1 pound shelled raw peanuts (which is appx. 2 cups)
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut/palm sugar
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and then grease. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (note: do not forget the parchment paper! I am still soaking my pans from the mess it left me because I didn’t use the paper!)
2. In a medium saucepan, heat honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon salt over medium-low heat.
3. Stir in peanuts, then pour them out into a single layer in the baking dish.
4. Roast peanuts for 15-20 minutes, or until golden, shaking the pan a few times to stir nuts. Remove from oven, stir to break up clumps, and let cool slightly.
5. Sprinkle on remaining salt and coconut sugar and toss to coat, then serve warm.